Buying a home is probably one of the largest investments people will make in their lifetime, and buyers are usually uncomfortable with the idea of immediately needing to repair or replace a home’s HVAC system. A new or well-maintained HVAC system can help your home “stand out” when you decide to sell. Following are some useful tips to help you decide if replacing your HVAC system is a good idea to increase your home’s resale value.
Replace Your HVAC before Selling Your Home?
- Beginning January 1, 2020, the production of R-22 refrigerant was prohibited in the U.S. If your HVAC system was installed before 2010, it more than likely uses R-22. Now than the ban is in effect, the only R-22 available is recycled from current supplies, which means the price is dramatically increasing as supplies become more limited. Most buyers will steer clear of a home with a system that requires R-22.
- A new HVAC system is a great way to catch a buyer’s interest, especially when a buyer is choosing between your home and another comparable home without a new HVAC system.
- A new HVAC system can greatly improve your home’s energy efficiency, which is appealing to many buyers due to the decrease in utility bills.
- Modern HVAC systems often have a smaller footprint than their older counterparts. This could mean an increase in the useable space in your home.
How to Choose the Correct HVAC System?
- Consult a professional to help you select the right size HVAC system for your home. If your unit is too small, the system will run constantly as it struggles to maintain the proper temperature. If the system is too large for your home, you’re wasting money on unnecessary equipment and power to run it.
- A reputable HVAC brand that buyers have heard of often holds more perceived value than a little-known or less-popular brand.
- Consider the most energy-efficient system available. The idea of low heating and cooling costs will increase the value of your home in the minds of buyers. Eco-efficiency is also an excellent marketing tool.
Why Choose CMi Air Conditioning and Electrical to Replace Your Home’s HVAC System?
Homeowners in Palm Beach, Martin and St. Lucie counties have relied on CMi Air Conditioning and Electrical for respectful and honest service technicians, upfront pricing, and quality workmanship since 1992. Our team of HVAC professionals offers only the best customer service and products to improve your family’s comfort along with your home’s value. CMi Air Conditioning and Electrical is family-owned and operated, so we are proud of the excellent service we provide to our community, and the satisfied reviews from our customers show it. We’re here for you when you need HVAC repair. Call us any time for 24/7 emergency service.
If you’re interested in learning more about how replacing your HVAC system can improve your home’s resale value, contact the experts at CMi Air Conditioning and Electrical. We’re ready to answer any questions you may have. In Palm Beach County call us at 561-844-1004 or Martin County please call: 772-283-0096.